ARTICLE AD BOX
HARRIS COUNTY, Texas (KTRK) -- A caller $30 cardinal alleviation money volition beryllium opening adjacent week to assistance Harris County families inactive struggling owed to the pandemic, and that includes a $1,500 outgo for qualifying families.
The Harris County Recovery Assistance programme (HCRA) volition commencement taking applications opening Wednesday, July 28, done Wednesday, Aug. 11.
This good assistance springiness one-time payments of $1,500 to 20,000 Harris County families successful need. The exertion play volition past 2 weeks and those who suffice are encouraged to use astatine HarrisCountyRelief.org.
To support it fair, the region said households volition beryllium selected randomly and the payments volition beryllium distributed by precocious fall.
Families tin use connected their ain without the practice from a landlord, since the wealth tin beryllium utilized for immoderate benignant of urgent expense, including housing, groceries, utilities, healthcare, childcare and transportation.
"How we respond to the astir susceptible successful our assemblage volition beryllium the cardinal to our region's economical recovery," said Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo. "Over the past year, millions of families successful Harris County person relied connected currency infusions - from national stimulus payments to section alleviation programs - to enactment housed, clothed, and healthy. As different protections expire, these nonstop payments volition service arsenic a captious span to a imperishable betterment from this pandemic."
How bash I apply?
- You indispensable use done HarrisCountyRelief.org. You tin besides telephone (832) 345-6289 if you person immoderate questions erstwhile the telephone halfway opens connected July 28.
- It'll beryllium unfastened Monday done Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. connected Saturdays.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- The households indispensable beryllium wrong Harris County (inside oregon extracurricular metropolis of Houston limits.)
- You indispensable beryllium 18 oregon older oregon beryllium an emancipated minor.
- You besides indispensable beryllium that you've experienced economical hardship during the pandemic.
- Households indispensable person astatine slightest 1 subordinate enrolled successful a nationalist assistance programme oregon a full household income astatine oregon beneath 60% of the HUD country median household income. That's $33,300 for 1 idiosyncratic and $47,520 for a household of four.
- Only 1 outgo volition beryllium made per family. If lodging is shared by much than 1 family, each household whitethorn apply.
- As required by national guidelines, astatine slightest 1 big subordinate of the household indispensable beryllium a U.S. citizen, ineligible imperishable resident, refugee, oregon different qualified noncitizen.
How are applications selected?
- The programme prioritizes applicants successful the lowest income bracket truthful it doesn't enactment connected a first-come, first-serve basis. That means applications are randomly selected for processing.
- The region said being selected is not a warrant that you'll get a payment. Once you're selected, applications are reviewed to corroborate eligibility and different compliance requirements.
Where is this wealth coming from?
- HCRA was created with caller assistance from the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA).
Copyright © 2021 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.